I recently had someone ask me:
Do I really have to blog?
The answer to that is simple. NO! You don’t have to blog.
There is nothing in this world that compels you to blog, just like you don’t have to get up and brush your teeth in the morning, or put fresh clothes on, or take a bath once in a while.
However, you may not get the results you want though if you don’t.
The Importance of Blogging, and Blogging Some More
If your goal for your book, product, service or brand is to gain more visibility (the positive kind, mind you!), then blogging is a very powerful way to begin, for many reasons.
- It’s fresh content, which the search engines like to see.
- It’s easy for readers to share with their friends.
- It brings traffic to your website, increasing its visibility to the search engines.
- It’s more information on the internet that’s all about you and your favorite topic!
- It gives prospective buyers a sense of who you are, what you care about, and how you present yourself.
So, how do you get started? Don’t you have to have your own website to blog? Well… The answer isn’t quite so simple.