There are three types of leads we all deal with in our businesses. Hot leads are those folks who are ready to buy NOW. Warm leads are those who will be ready to buy soon, but aren’t quite there yet, often due to time or money constraints. And Cold leads are those individuals who are never going to buy from you, no matter what you do.
While it’s easy to “cherry pick” the Hot leads (and you should definitely do that), the majority of our business is in converting our Warm leads into Hot leads. So, how do you “warm your leads?”
Here are 5 simple ways to do just that:
- Offer prospects relevant, valuable information on a scheduled, recurring basis.
- Communicate to prospects efficiently, aside from the normal, time-consuming, one-on-one methods.
- Log all communications between your office and the prospect in an organized fashion.
- Arm yourself and your sales reps with an arsenal of specific information that can be given to prospects upon request.
- Track the progress of each lead through the sales pipeline, so you always know where every lead stands.
Some would say that before you start you should filter your list of Warm leads and remove anyone who doesn’t need your product or service or who can’t afford your product or service. While there’s merit to targeting your list, in most cases, you don’t know who your prospect knows and you don’t know what they have in their bank account. Therefore, give your prospect the opportunity to let you know their needs! You can only do this by being in touch with them, getting to know their needs and interests, and building a relationship with them.
To avoid the time-drain that warming leads can create, you must have efficient systems and processes in place that enable you to gauge the interest level of your leads, and make note of when that level shifts. The goal here is to raise the temperature from warm to hot!
Aleweb Social Marketing has solutions for each of these techniques. If you’re interested in converting more of your Warm leads into Hot leads, contact us and we’ll help you get started!